Boston woman says celebrity chef Batali groped her

BOSTON — A Massachusetts woman says in a lawsuit filed against Mario Batali that the celebrity chef forcibly kissed her and groped her in a Boston restaurant in 2017.

According to media reports, the suit filed Wednesday in Superior Court in Boston seeks unspecified damages for "severe emotional distress" including anxiety and self-doubt.

The suit alleges that the 28-year-old woman spotted Batali in the restaurant in April 2017 and tried to take a photo. The suit says Batali invited her to take a selfie with him then, without asking for permission, repeatedly kissed her face, rubbed her breasts, grabbed her buttocks and put his hands between her legs.

Neither Batali nor his representatives immediately responded to emails for comment sent to his website and production company on Friday.

Several other women have previously come forward to allege sexual misconduct by Batali.

Other News

Troubled year in power for Coe confronting critics, Russia

Aug 10, 2016

Entrusted with cleaning up a sport mired in sleaze and doping deceptions has proved far trickier for Sebastian Coe than the pursuit of gold on the track

Coe not sure if fans will pack stadium for Olympic track

Aug 10, 2016

Even away from doping, there's little good news for track and field right now

Rugby couple put respect in front and center in Olympics

Aug 10, 2016

Isadora Cerullo has become a celebrity around Rio, more for what happened on the sidelines of the Olympic rugby stadium than for her performances on the pitch

ChillHype brings to you the latest trends, viral, and entertainment news. We create a happy community and keep every Malaysian connected. Let’s chill and catch up with the hype together!

Contact us: sales@chillhype.com